Thursday, April 18, 2013

DIY Piggy Bank

My daughter really wanted a piggy bank, but to pay $15-$25 for a piggy bank was out of the question! So we made our own! Grant it wasn't a ceramic pig with a tutu but she loves it!

What you need:
--1 #10 can with lid (lid usually comes with it)--wipe/clean out can & cut small slit in lid
--12x12 piece of scrapbook paper of your choice
--craft glue--I used the blue sticky glue stuff but I'm sure Elmer's would work just fine.

Wrap paper around can& cut off excess paper making sure it overlaps a little (1-2 inches) so you can glue it. Then just wrap the cut piece around& glue overlapped layers over each other! Put lid on and you're done! That easy! It prob only took me 10 mins to do everything!
I'm sure you could add lace, tull, or whatever else you wants to, but we kept it simple and she likes it just fine:)




No comments:

Post a Comment