Whether your child is 10 years or 10 months old there are many ways to enjoy the outdoors! But don't forget your Sunscreen and hats!
Here is a list of fun things to do with the whole family!
- Visit your local Zoo--Google where your local Zoo is.
- Community Events--Look at your towns Chamber of Commerce webpage. They usually have lots of summer events and places to see a lot of times for free!
- Visit a local garden--If you have a College or University near you alot of times they will have greenhouses or gardens you can visit. Either for free or a small fee.
- Go to a local park---There are water parks, city parks, state parks, and national parks all around you! Many you may not have even known about! So go online and search for your local parks and rec!
- Play a game! Here is a great website with TONS of ideas for games indoors and outdoors for the whole family! Family Fun
- Want to do something fun indoors? Try doing a craft together. There are tons of ideas online HERE and all over Pinterest and the web!
- Anything with Water--Seems like just about every child and adult loves to beat the heat by cooling off in the water! Find a creek, river, public pool, or water park near you or get a cheap little kiddy pool or sprinkler at your local store to throw in the backyard to help beat the heat!
- And no activity would be complete without good food and good company! You can grab some great recipes all over the internet for refreshing lemonades, fruit creations, light salads, grilled meats& chilling desserts! So grab your family or a friend and enjoy the summer! :)